Senator and Federal Minister Babar Khan Ghauri’s proposal to address Pakistan’s economic challenges through the establishment of new cities. Ghauri presented this idea during a conversation with the Pakistani business community in Sharjah. The proposal suggests allocating 10% of land for free to entrepreneurs and corporations to develop essential infrastructure, with the remaining 90% of the city’s development potentially facilitated through foreign investment. The event also emphasized the role of the overseas Pakistani community in contributing to the country’s economy. Ghauri’s proposal offers a fresh perspective on economic revitalization through innovative urban development.
Babar Khan Ghauri, a former Senator and Federal Minister for Ports and Shipping, has unveiled a novel economic strategy to address Pakistan’s economic challenges. In a discussion with the Pakistani business community in Sharjah, Ghauri proposed a visionary approach: the creation of new cities, expressing hope that this could trigger an economic transformation.
This strategic session was organized by prominent Pakistani business figures Haji Muhammad Yaseen and Sohail Khawar, known for pioneering “Made in Pakistan” products in the UAE during the ’90s.
During the gathering, Ghauri conducted an in-depth analysis of Pakistan’s economic landscape. He suggested that the government allocate 10% of land for free to entrepreneurs and corporations to develop essential infrastructure, modern business hubs, banks, and other critical institutions using their resources. The remaining 90% of city development could potentially be facilitated through foreign investment.
Event hosts Yaseen and Khawar also presented proposals to enhance the country’s economic system and emphasized the role of the overseas Pakistani community in contributing to the economy.
Notable guests, including Chaudhry Khalid Hussain, President of Pakistan Social Center Sharjah, shared their perspectives on the betterment of the homeland’s economy.
Ghauri’s proposal offers an innovative perspective on addressing Pakistan‘s economic challenges through forward-thinking urban development.