Jerusalem – The Israel-Hamas war entered its second day on Wednesday, with both sides continuing to launch airstrikes and rocket attacks.
At least 25 people have been killed in the fighting, including 11 children. The Israeli military says it has killed several Hamas militants, but Hamas has not confirmed any casualties.
The United States has sent $735 million in munitions to Israel in support of its fight against Hamas. President Biden has also denounced Hamas as a terrorist organization.
Here are the latest updates on the Israel-Hamas war:
- Israeli airstrikes target Hamas military sites in Gaza. The Israeli military says it has targeted Hamas rocket launchers, command centers, and other military infrastructure in Gaza.
- Hamas fires rockets at Israeli cities. Hamas has fired hundreds of rockets at Israeli cities, including Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.
- Casualties on both sides. At least 25 people have been killed in the fighting, including 11 children.
- U.S. sends munitions to Israel. The United States has sent $735 million in munitions to Israel in support of its fight against Hamas.
- Biden denounces Hamas. President Biden has denounced Hamas as a terrorist organization.
The international community is calling for a ceasefire, but both sides have so far refused to comply. The United Nations Security Council is scheduled to meet on Wednesday to discuss the situation.
The Israel-Hamas war is the latest in a long series of conflicts between the two sides. The war is being fought over a number of issues, including the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories, the blockade of Gaza, and the status of Jerusalem.
The war is likely to have a devastating impact on the people of Gaza. Gaza is already one of the poorest and most densely populated places in the world. The war is likely to worsen the humanitarian crisis in Gaza.
The war is also likely to have a destabilizing effect on the region. The conflict could lead to increased violence and extremism in the region.
What can you do?
There are a number of things you can do to help the people of Gaza:
- Donate to humanitarian organizations that are providing aid to Gaza.
- Contact your elected officials and urge them to support a ceasefire and a peaceful resolution to the conflict.
- Educate yourself about the conflict and share information with others.
The Israel-Hamas war is a complex and tragic conflict. The war is having a devastating impact on the people of Gaza and the region. The international community must work together to end the war and find a peaceful resolution to the conflict.