Toyota Crown: Brace yourselves, car enthusiasts, because Toyota has unleashed a beast – the all-new Crown Sport-type PHEV, redefining the legendary Crown nameplate with a dynamic, sporty edge. This plug-in hybrid powerhouse doesn’t just offer efficiency, it promises pure driving exhilaration, ready to carve its own path in the automotive landscape.
Table of Contents
Toyota Crown: Thrilling Performance Takes Center Stage
Forget the image of a sedate sedan. The Crown Sport-type PHEV is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, boasting a potent hybrid powertrain that pumps out a heady 225kW (306 horsepower). Thanks to a high-output density drive motor and a large-capacity lithium-ion battery positioned beneath the floor, this PHEV can sprint from 0 to 100 km/h in a brisk 5.7 seconds, while delivering a fuel efficiency of 20.3 km/L in hybrid mode. And if you crave pure electric thrills, the BEV mode offers a driving range of 90 kilometers, perfect for zero-emissions city commutes.
Sharpened Handling for the Driving Purist:
The Crown Sport-type PHEV isn’t just about straight-line speed. This PHEV has been sculpted for agility and precision. Toyota has equipped it with an E-Four electric 4WD system, ensuring optimal power distribution to all four wheels for superior cornering stability and confident handling, even in challenging weather conditions. Additionally, the suspension has been optimized for a sportier feel, promising a more engaging driving experience for those who love to feel the road.
A Design Evoking Exhilaration:
The Crown Sport-type PHEV’s design exudes athleticism and confidence. Its low-slung stance, muscular curves, and bold front grille hint at the potent beast lurking beneath. The sleek taillights further accentuate the car’s dynamic character, while the optional 19-inch alloy wheels add a touch of performance flair. Every detail whispers performance, beckoning you to unleash the Crown’s inner athlete.
Technology Meets Comfort:
Step inside the Crown Sport-type PHEV’s cabin, and you’ll be greeted by a blend of advanced technology and refined comfort. The driver-focused cockpit features a digital instrument cluster and a large touchscreen infotainment system, keeping you connected and informed. Supportive sports seats with high-quality materials cradle you in comfort, while the panoramic sunroof bathes the interior in natural light, enhancing the sense of spaciousness.
The Crown’s Legacy Evolves:
The Crown nameplate has been synonymous with luxury and refinement for decades. But with the Sport-type PHEV, Toyota takes the Crown on a bold new journey. This PHEV isn’t just about comfort and prestige; it’s about injecting driving excitement into the equation. It’s a car that caters to a different kind of Crown owner, one who craves adrenaline alongside the brand’s renowned quality and reliability.
The Toyota Crown Sport-type PHEV marks a significant shift for the legendary nameplate. With its exhilarating performance, dynamic handling, and striking design, this PHEV is poised to captivate a new generation of drivers. It’s a testament to Toyota’s commitment to innovation and its ability to adapt to changing automotive trends. The Crown is back, and it’s ready to reign supreme in the world of sporty plug-in hybrids.
- How fast is the Toyota Crown Sport-type PHEV?
It can go from 0 to 100 km/h in 5.7 seconds thanks to its powerful hybrid system.
- What is the electric range of the PHEV?
You can drive up to 90 kilometers in pure electric mode.
- How fuel-efficient is it?
It boasts a fuel economy of 20.3 km/L in hybrid mode.
- What is the horsepower of the Crown Sport-type PHEV?
It packs a punch with 225kW (306 horsepower).
- Does it have all-wheel drive?
Yes, it comes with an E-Four electric 4WD system for enhanced stability and handling.
- What does the Crown Sport-type PHEV look like? It has a sporty design with a low-slung stance, muscular curves, and a bold front grille.
- What’s the interior like? The driver-focused cockpit features a digital instrument cluster, a large touchscreen, and supportive sports seats.
- Does it have a sunroof? Yes, an optional panoramic sunroof allows natural light into the cabin.
- What are some of the technology features? It includes advanced driver-assistance systems, a digital infotainment system, and adaptive cruise control.
- What colors are available? The available colors may vary by region, but expect options like black, white, red, and silver.
- When will the Crown Sport-type PHEV be available? It launched in Japan in December 2023, but global availability might vary.
- How much does it cost? Pricing starts at 7,650,000 yen in Japan, which translates to roughly $52,900 USD at current exchange rates.
- Will it be available in my country? Check with your local Toyota dealership for availability in your specific region.
- How does it compare to other sporty PHEVs? Consider factors like performance, range, features, and price when comparing it to competitors like the BMW X3 PHEV or the Volvo XC60 Recharge.
- Is it a good option for long road trips? The electric range might not be sufficient for long journeys, but the hybrid mode offers decent fuel economy for longer distances.
- Is it suitable for daily commuting? The electric range makes it ideal for zero-emission commutes, and the fuel efficiency is great for everyday driving.
- Is this the first sporty Crown model? While the Crown nameplate is known for luxury sedans, this is a bold step towards performance-oriented offerings.
- What made Toyota develop this sportier Crown? It’s likely a response to changing market trends and an attempt to attract a new generation of car enthusiasts to the Crown brand.
- Will there be more sporty Crown models in the future? It’s difficult to say for sure, but considering the positive reception for the Sport-type PHEV, more performance-oriented Crowns could be possible.