Are you a university student aspiring to obtain a Golden Visa for long-term residency in the UAE? Find out if you meet the criteria to qualify for this prestigious opportunity. Qualifying for Long-Term Residency in UAE as a University Student.
Table of Contents
For UAE University Students:
Outstanding university students have the chance to secure a 10-year Golden Visa without a sponsor, provided they meet the following conditions:
– The university must be rated either A or B class by the Ministry of Education.
– Submit a recommendation letter from the university or an accredited graduation certificate or academic record indicating a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above for A class universities, or 3.8 or above for B class universities.
– It must not be more than two years since you graduated.
For Outstanding Students of Foreign Universities:
Exceptional students graduating from foreign universities may also be eligible for a 10-year Golden Visa without a sponsor, provided the following requirements are met:
1. The university is among the top 100 global universities according to the rating system recognized by the Ministry of Education.
2. Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
3. It must not be more than two years since you graduated.
4. Ensure the graduation certificate is accredited by the Ministry of Education.
Dubai: If you have recently graduated from a university outside the UAE and achieved excellent grades, you may qualify for the Golden Visa, granting you a 10-year residency permit without a sponsor. Moreover, you can also apply for a long-term visa for your family under your sponsorship. However, you must fulfill all the criteria set by UAE immigration authorities, including graduating from one of the top 100 universities accredited by the UAE’s Ministry of Education. Here are the comprehensive details:
Requirements for Outstanding Students from Foreign Universities:
1. The university must be among the top 100 universities globally, as per the rating system recognized by the UAE’s Ministry of Education. You can find the list of accredited universities on this page: [insert URL].
2. Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
3. It must not exceed two years since your graduation.
4. Ensure the graduation certificate is recognized by the Ministry of Education. To accomplish this, you need to apply for a service called “Recognition of University certificates issued from outside the UAE.”
– Valid copy of the passport.
– Recent passport-sized photo.
– Copy of the bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree from a university recognized by the Ministry of Education.
– Transcripts verifying a GPA of 3.5 or above and that no more than two years have passed since graduation.
What is the UAE’s Golden Visa?
The UAE’s Golden Visa is a long-term residence visa that allows foreign talents to live, work, or study in the UAE while enjoying exclusive benefits, including:
– Six-month entry visa with multiple entries to proceed with residence issuance.
– Long-term, renewable residence visa valid for 5 or 10 years.
– Freedom from requiring a sponsor.
– Ability to stay outside the UAE for extended periods beyond the usual six-month limit to maintain the validity of the residence visa.
– Authorization to sponsor family members, including spouses and children of all ages.
– Ability to sponsor an unlimited number of domestic helpers.
– Permission for family members to remain in the UAE until the end of their permit duration, even in the event of the primary Golden Visa holder’s passing.
Where to Apply for the Golden Visa?
It is easy to apply for a Golden Visa. You can download the GDRFA-Dubai application via Apple Store or the Play Store online. You will need to register your account as a new user and complete the forms. You must also scan and attach copies of the required forms and pay the service fees. You can then submit your request, and you should hear back relatively quickly to find out whether you have been granted a visa.
If you are applying for a visa in Dubai, visit the website of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA), Dubai, at gdrfad.gov.ae, or visit an Amer Centre that processes visa applications on behalf of GDRFA-Dubai. For other emirates like Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, and Fujairah, apply through ICP’s smart service platforms at icp.gov.ae. You can also apply through registered typing centers in your emirate, but keep in mind that additional service charges may apply if you use an agent at the typing center.
How much does it cost?
A ten-year Golden Visa costs AED 2,790 for residency fees and an additional AED 1,070 for ID fees. If you apply for a five-year visa, the residency fees are AED 2,280, and the ID fees are AED 575. These fees must be paid in full when you apply for your visa. However, ADU wants to ensure that everyone can take advantage of studying in one of the world’s most influential and inspiring universities and is offering 100 scholarships to outstanding international students. High school graduates with an average grade of 95 percent and above may qualify for a university scholarship at a rate of up to 50 percent, depending
This article provides detailed information on the eligibility criteria for students graduating from universities abroad to obtain a Golden Visa in the UAE. It explains the requirements, such as university rankings, GPA, and graduation timeframe, as well as the benefits of this long-term residency permit. Students can determine their eligibility and understand the process of applying for a Golden Visa to study and work in the UAE.
Disclaimer: Please note that the information provided in this article regarding the eligibility criteria for obtaining a Golden Visa in the UAE is based on the currently available data and guidelines. However, it is important to understand that regulations and conditions regarding visas, including pricing and other requirements, are subject to change. It is highly recommended to consult official government sources or immigration authorities for the most up-to-date and accurate information before making any decisions or taking any actions related to visa applications or residency permits.